Introduction of IOT (Internet Of Things) | Why IOT is future of technology field?
Hello folks.Before getting into Introduction of IOT(Internet of Things), I want to ask how are you all ? I hope you all are doing fine in this pandemic situation of COVID-19. This pandemic gave us a great chance to working on something we wanted to working on for a long time. Yes, I am talking about various skills like…
- Programming Skills
- Communication Skills
- Artistic Skills
- Culinary Skills
As everybody found passion in something like cooking, photography etc.I found my passion in helping others with knowledge in technological field. Though I am not an expert in technological field but I believe that knowledge expands with sharing so here I am going to contribute by some of my knowledge. As you know learning is a never stopping process so I can give you more and more knowledge in future.
Once again, I remind you about the topic I am going to talk about in this post. I will give you some brief history and introduction about IOT
Lets define Internet of Things first. If I say in general that IOT which is also known as Internet of Things is basically a system which can be controlled without your presence at location of system or we can say that IOT is one type of Automation system. You can automate your home, your office and various location with help of Internet of Things. The definition of IOT is as per below:
” Internet of things (IoT) is a system of interrelated computing devices, mechanical and digital machines provided with unique identifiers (UIDs) and the ability to transfer data over a network without requiring human-to-human or human-to-computer interaction”
now let us try to understand the definition in the simple way. Basically it is being said that IOT is a set of program which is implied on a system of appliances like Air conditioners , Fans , Tubelights , Music systems etc. now you all will think that Amazon Alexa also do all this things but to clarify that Amazon Alexa, Siri all are one kind of combination of Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things.
If you are a Marvel fan, then you will know that Ironman has his personal A.I named Jarvis and in further time like Friday and all.If you have seen Ironman movies you all will get work of Jarvis and Friday is a combination of IOT and A.I.
Now here is a introductory video for Internet of Things:
Hoping that after watching this video your confusion or any query would be solved but if you needed any more materials or knowledge regarding Internet of Things, you can tell me in comments or you can contact me from our about us page.
Now further going in this extraordinary topic let us dig up in some historical facts:
- The main concept of a network of smart devices was discussed as early as 1982, with a modified Coca-Cola vending machine at Carnegie Mellon University becoming the first Internet-connected appliance, able to report its inventory and whether newly loaded drinks were cold or not.
- Mark Weiser’s 1991 paper on ubiquitous computing, “The Computer of the 21st Century”, as well as academic venues such as UbiComp and PerCom produced the contemporary vision of the IoT.In 1994, Reza Raji described the concept in IEEE Spectrum as “moving small packets of data to a large set of nodes, so as to integrate and automate everything from home appliances to entire factories”.
- Between 1993 and 1997, several companies proposed solutions like Microsoft’s at Work or Novell’s NEST. The field gained momentum when Bill Joy envisioned device-to-device communication as a part of his “Six Webs” framework, presented at the World Economic Forum at Davos in 1999.
In short, IOT has history of more than 100 years,so if you want to find more historical facts, feel free to contact me .
Now let us see some of the Applications of IOT(Internet of Things) for our segment of “Introduction of IOT”
Let us see some applications of Internet of Things:
- A Nest learning thermostat reporting on energy usage and local weather
- A Ring doorbell connected to the Internet
- An August Home smart lock connected to the Internet
The extensive set of applications for IoT devices is often divided into consumer, commercial, industrial, and infrastructure spaces.
- Consumer applications:
A growing portion of IoT devices are created for consumer use, including connected vehicles, home automation, wearable technology, connected health, and appliances with remote monitoring capabilities.
- Smart home
IoT devices are a part of the larger concept of home automation, which can include lighting, heating and air conditioning, media and security systems. Long-term benefits could include energy savings by automatically ensuring lights and electronics are turned off.
- A smart home or automated home could be based on a platform or hubs that control smart devices and appliances.
- For instance, using Apple’s HomeKit, manufacturers can have their home products and accessories controlled by an application in iOS devices such as the iPhone and the Apple Watch.
- This could be a dedicated app or iOS native applications such as Siri. This can be demonstrated in the case of Lenovo’s Smart Home Essentials, which is a line of smart home devices that are controlled through Apple’s Home app or Siri without the need for a Wi-Fi bridge.
- There are also dedicated smart home hubs that are offered as standalone platforms to connect different smart home products and these include the Amazon Echo, Google Home, Apple’s HomePod, and Samsung’s SmartThings Hub.
- In addition to the commercial systems, there are many non-proprietary, open source ecosystems; including Home Assistant, OpenHAB and Domoticz.
- Elder care
One key application of a smart home is to provide assistance for those with disabilities and elderly individuals. These home systems use assistive technology to accommodate an owner’s specific disabilities.Voice control can assist users with sight and mobility limitations while alert systems can be connected directly to cochlear implants worn by hearing-impaired users. They can also be equipped with additional safety features. These features can include sensors that monitor for medical emergencies such as falls or seizures. Smart home technology applied in this way can provide users with more freedom and a higher quality of life.
For more deep knowledge you can visit this website too.
So I am hoping after reading my article on Introduction of IOT, you have got some new knowledge in field of technology.so for more freshly brewed content,keep checking Nerdy helper.
I am your admin Darshan Joshi and please like,share and comment on my post.
Love you fellas!!!!
sources: Youtube,Wikipedia,Internshala,IBM trainings and some of my own material.